Flea and Tick Control,Prevention, and Treatment in Pensacola
Here at The Brentwood Animal Hospital, our experienced veterinarian offers more than a typical pet exam. Our vets offer a complete selection of flea and tick control and meds for dogs along with flea medicine for cats and much more!
The Importance of Flea Prevention and Medicine for Pets
Without proper flea medicine and taking cautions for prevention not only could an infestation arise in the home, but your pet could suffer from an array of health conditions. Most commonly with fleas present, pets can experience skin inflammation, sores, hotspots, hair loss, itching, and dermatitis conditions. However, there are much more serious risks that can affect your pet and even cause death.
Without proper flea and tick control, ticks can result in debilitating Lyme disease, zoonosis or Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever all of which can cause neurological damage, lethargy and joint damage. This makes it extra important to have prevention pills for dogs and cats who are active outdoors. Fortunately, we offer an array of solutions in a variety of application methods to help keep your pet protected from these pesky invaders.
Flea Medicine and Treatment Options Our Veterinarian Offers
We our pleased to offer an array of effective flea medicine options for felines and canines here at The Brentwood Animal Hospital. These flea medicine options include:
- Fleas and Ticks Shampoo: Giving your pet a bath in a formula of fleas and ticks shampoo can eradicate any present pests and offer a moderate level of prevention for reinfection.
- Flea and Tick Spray: Excellent for spot treatments, flea and tick spray can also remove invaders but offer protection for several days.
- Fleas and Tick Collar: Today's modern fleas and tick collar options can last up to 8 months effectively.
- Pills for Dogs: Dogs can take a monthly chewy treat that can help with fleas and ticks while also preventing against heart worms.
- Spot Treatments: One drop of solution can stave off fleas and ticks for a month or longer.
After an evaluation of your pet our vets will help you decide the best meds for dogs or medicine for cats to suit your pet's health and lifestyle.
Looking Pensacola Vets with Complete Flea Medicine and Treatment?
Whether you need a routine pet exam, medicine for cats, pills for dogs, fleas and ticks shampoo, fleas and ticks spray or fleas and tick collar options, we have them right here at The Brentwood Animal Hospital in Pensacola. Contact us online or call 850-434-2646 today.